Saturday, November 27, 2010

Depressing

This has to be the most depressing thing I've heard or seen this year.



Quoted from Youtube:
Tells the story of the narrator, Wakefield, visiting a convenience store and his fleeting interaction with the tragic figure of the female store worker. Its heavy stuff, hitting on issues of discrimination "I feel she was raised to say a lot of stupid things about a color and I feel like, if, I identified myself as gay, this conversation would stop" the search for love: "I feel like shes been waiting here a long time for the one who'll come 2-stepping through that door on 18 wheels without making her feel like its her job to sweep up the nutshells alone when shes done been cracked again. A man who wont tempt her to suck the wedding ring off his dick, but will show her simply Love. "
The best description I can think of to sum this up is heart breakingly-uplifting, the end line being
"And I'm gonna roll outta here one day.
I just might not get to drive."
conjuring up death as a final way out of a less than perfect existence.

-rcdvst

I took everything in. Especially the lines at the end which I somehow can relate to.

Another Quote from Youtube:
I'm 6'2 covered in bad prison tattoos. And I never cry. I can't listen to this without loosing it. It fucks me up every time. If there is a god 'he lives in the heart of the man who wrote this.

-lexingtondiamonds

It's not a waste of 5 minutes.
Refreshing Facebook over and over again is a waste of 5 minutes.

Be sure to watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment