Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Last V (Horror Movies)


Really slow month for my horror tastes. I left out some of the other "Horror" movies, which I liked, but doesn't really fit in. Those movies were Suicide Club by Shion Sono, 2001 (3.5); Stoker by Chan-wook Park, Hollywood debut 2013 (4.5 ❤); and Noriko's Dinner Table by Shion Sono, Indirectly "Suicide Club 2" 2006 (4.5 ❤)

So for my valid last five ones, here's some high-def posters (Alternates, also click for larger photo) and some side comments.

Hausu 
Nobuhiko Ôbayashi
(Japan, 1977)

My thoughts on this Movie:

I MUST BE ON ACID

Dark Skies
Scott Stewart
(USA, 2013)

My thoughts on this Movie:

Suburban Horror, Kids friends with demons.. I mean Aliens. It's Aliens that are friends with them this time. Uhh..I should've watched the other Dark Skies 2013 movie:

That would've been so Awesome
and hilarious

Evil Dead
Fede Alvarez
(USA, 2013)

My thoughts on this movie:

I was a fan of the original The Evil Dead Series, mostly on 1 & 2. 3, not so much. Too much comedy. This was an okay take, An Adult version of the All style and No Substance (Perfectamundo) The Evil Dead but this wasn't so bad. My friend (who hasn't watched the original series) just kept looking for plot holes each scene cause it was ripped on by some female celebrity on twitter (some of which were actually pretty logical for Evil Dead, It's all in the newly polished Naturom Demonto) and hated it so uh. You shouldn't do that. But if you do find that you actually hate it, good for you. I am on the neutral side (3/5). I liked some of the references from 1 & 2 though (Chainsaw-arm mostly) and found some very weak (Natalie: [Robotically] oh my god what happened to her EYes. from Shelley:FOR GOD'S SAKE WHAT HAPPeNED TO HER EYESSS) Overall. Pretty average.

Texas Chainsaw 3D
John Luessenhop
(USA, 2013)
from some Hipster art guy buddies of VICE and-or Lionsgate

My thoughts on this movie:

No sir, I didn't. Leatherface has a new best friend. Also, expect the scene where Leatherface touches his new friendly (Do your thing, cuz) bff cousin's arm and BOOM. Boom sound goes off. That's right. Replace actual scares with boom sounds. That's pretty low. This modern take is low. Girls were nice though.

Zombie Ass: Toilet of the Dead
Noboru Iguchi
(Japan, 2012)

My thoughts on this movie:

I thought it was..

Crap-tastic


&

1 comment:

  1. شركة متخصصة فى الخدمات المنزلية بالمملكة العربية السعودية
    شركة سما المثالية 0535609607
    تقدم لكم شركة سما المثالية خدمات داخل المملكة العربية السعودية بالرياض والدمام والاحساء والقصيم
    الخبر القطيف الجبيل راس تنورة سيهات صفوى
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالقطيف


    ReplyDelete